Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Holiday Plan

MY HOLIDAY TO-DO-LIST

It’s been almost two weeks since the holiday. Reflecting on what I have done during these few days, I agonizingly discovered that I had done.....nothing.

Nothing really useful except:

1) Eat, sleep (and other basic necessities that a living organism carry out to survive, reproduction excluded)

2) Doing the house chores, (the only exercises I had done)

3) watching movies,

4) reading the news (oil price rising, salary not rising)

5) Go online, netsurfing.

Netsurfing routine involves:

Facebook -> Friendster -> My blog -> Friends’ blog-> NST online (Chatting on msn or google chat occurs at any intervals in between)

Fortunately, before all is lost, I’m brought back to my senses and suddenly realisation struck me. What am I doing? I had been wasting precious time loafing around at home aimlessly. For God sake, do something useful!

Ok. Dire situations call for drastic measures. I need to cleanse my mind and kick the lazy part of myself out of here to get a fresh new start.

“The historical moment has arrived for me to unearth the hidden and long forsaken manifesto that had been digitally fossilized after being buried under gigabytes of data for billions of years. Like a devoted archaeologist, I carefully decipher the ancient and arcane text worn out by time in order to fulfil my quest to grasp the true knowledge within...”

@~@ Big deal. That’s just a little drama. The holiday to-do-list is fine. Just took me a little trouble to search for it....

Anyway, here’s my 7 week holiday planning. (Actually only left around 5 weeks for me to accomplish everything. But better late than never!)

8 THINGS I NEED TO DO DURING THE HOLIDAY

1) Improve my driving skills, learn to master the Big and Bad highways in KL city

2) Learn to cook (Not even an iota of progress yet!)

3) Read the books/magazines that I have bought and accumulate over the years but never have time to read them.

4) Create my own blog (Done and off my list. Yay!)

5) Familiarise myself with window movie maker, Microsoft publisher, n other programmes (in other words, be more tech-savvy)

6) Play more sports, spend more time on exercising (Maybe I should try out something I never did before, how’s tennis or bowling?)

7) Learn to speak Cantonese

(Yup, most people in Selangor speak Cantonese and my average Mandarin is not enough to help me adapt here. I would also like to learn some tamil, and other international languages if possible)

8) Last but not least: Start reading second semester lecture notes and textbooks.

Typical reactions from my friends:

a) a) Raised eyebrows,

b) b) Eyes widening in disbelief

c) c) Pupils dilation

d) d) Increase in heartbeat

e) e) Increased blood pressure

f) f) Responses such as: Hah? What the? R u ‘.........’! (insert own text)


(Sigh~*) I know the word ‘studying’ is quite a common taboo during any holidays but I just wanna make sure that my mind stay fresh and avoid turning ‘rusty’. Besides, those books are heavy and I ain’t gonna waste my strength carrying them all the way here for nothing. Anyway, it is the last priority on my list and be rest assured that I WILL have, AND GOING TO have fun during the holiday.

With this holiday plan neatly typed and pasted on my screen, hopefully my actions speak louder than word and I can get the ball rolling. No point spending my whole night thinking of what to do but in the end do nothing at all. But just in case I start to deviate and stray away again, this blog will be a constant reminder of what I should do whenever I visit it.

~Cheers~ :)

May you all have a fun, out-of world, but at the same time fruitful and meaningful holiday together with all your family members and friends. To those working and studying now, balance your life between work and play, find joy in your life, enrich your life with wonderful experiences, reward yourself, and may success be your destiny.

1 comment:

Wei Han said...

Wahhh..
U crazy ya...

Don't give heart attack to those who are still in holiday.
You definitely made them feel guilty or regret of what they had done... Please give them a 'way to survive'.