Thursday, July 17, 2008

Goodbye Home Sweet Home- (The final holiday post)

The 10th post!! A perfect wholesome number that rounds up everything from the start of the holiday until the end.

Packing is hard work. To start, I had to raid all the clothes in my closet after I had pain-stakingly arranged them neatly in my closet when I first arrived home during the holiday. But now I had to take out all my clothes again and squeeze everything into a bulging luggage.

Then, after packing everything, I had to be a temporary SWAT officer and turn on my X-ray vision to scan the whole house for any little tiny stuff I had left out. It's surprising how I almost left out some important things like my bank book and Matrix card.

It was a relief afer everything was done. That night, we (my whole family) went out for a farewell dinner. I took in the atmosphere around me, every sight, every sound, and savoured every bite of my food, wanting to frame this special moment with my family and stored it forever in my memory. It will be a long time when I have the chance to meet them again.

Anyway, I'm going back to UTP 2moro. Well..actually it is today (I should be asleep right now but I can catch my ZZZs later in the car 2moro. XD

Just wanna say a few words before leaving.

Let's see.. where should I start? Ok, how about what the heck have I been doing the whole holiday?!

Now's a good time to refer back to my holiday-to-do list that I had whole-heartedly created during the start of this seemingly endless holiday. But everything eventually draws to an end. So let's sum everything up and see what I had really accomplished.

1) Improving my driving skills
50% done, but not dealing with the BIG and MEAN highways yet.

2) Learn to cook

0%.. The only cooking I know is fried food where you dunk everything in the oil, which is not healthy. Oh well, better stick to eating than cooking.

3) Read books and magazines
100%!! With all the time in the world, needless to say I had to chance to read all my favourites books and novels.

4) Blogging
100% Do I need to comment?

5) Tech-savvy?
30% Ya, a few clicks here and there to familiarise myself with movie makers and window publisher. But I know there's still a lot more to learn.

6) Sports
50% Hmm..the daily routine of housework is all the exercise I get for a typical day. Other than tat, I had only exercised intensely during the weekends with my family. But I had managed to try two new sports: bowling and ice-skating, with all the great experiences.

7) Languages
10% Watching Cantonese movies or animes is not a great way to learn. I realised I'm more interested in watching the drama and reading the subtitles rather than to pay attention and digest what come out of their mouth. Not that I totally learnt nothing. I did learnt a few terms in highly emotional scenes like 'shut up!'. Anyway, the lack of practise soon make me forgot the new words I had learnt. The best way to learn a language? Ask ur friends for help! Practise with them!

8) 2nd semester preparation
0% At last, what I wanted to do most, I end up not doing it. Probably because I dun really feel like doing it. The books were in front of me the whole time but I'm just too lazy to lift a finger to open them. Ok, I admitted I did open the books but I never got further than the intoductionary page. When the barrage of alien words swirled around my head in confusion, I shut the book and said:'There's always 2moro' so I keep ending up doing something else. I can still say the same thing now, there's still Saturday, and Sunday, etc..


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Looks like I didn't do everything I had planned for myself. So what? I still had a terrific holiday and I'm enjoying every moment of it. The most important thing is that I'm happy and get to spend my time with my family and friends.

Sigh`` I never expect this but here comes the tide of homesickness...

I'm gonna miss my warm and cosy room that had once been an abandoned, dusty room on the 3rd floor.

I'm gonna miss waking up late every day at any time I want, and the only thing I need to worry is whether I will have breakfast or brunch.

I'm gonna miss staying up late, sleep at any time I want, and curled warmly in my blanket and reading a good book.

I'm gonna miss the kitchen, especially the fridge, and my parents' home-cooked meal. I still think they're the best chefs in the city. lol

I'm gonna miss my super supper: Toasted breads with a nice spread of peanut butter, coated with honey and cream, with a slice of cheese in between.

I'm gonna miss my living room, with the TV and remote control.

I'm gonna miss my home, my family, especially my baby little sister who said: 'I love you' all the time.

I'm gonna miss Subang, Sunway Pyramid and my friends there.

In short, I'm gonna miss my life here..

But at the same,

I can't wait to start a new life in UTP

I can't wait to see all my friends again!

I can't wait to see the new batch of juniors.

I can't wait to see my new room.

I can't wait to play DOTA unlimited!!

I can't wait to go badmintoning/squashing at sport complex.

I can't wait to meet my new lecturers and tutors. (Do I? Maybe I will wait a little longer)

That's all, goodbye Home Sweet Home!
Wishing myself and other UTPians a safe trip to UTP. See u all there!

1 comment:

Catherine Tan said...

i noe u like ur UTP life so much...
so enjoy ur life there lo...
don 4get 2 wait 4 me 8 UTP o...
hahaha