Saturday, September 27, 2008

A goodbye post before leaving UTP.....

I'm supposed to have left UTP by now...

But one big family is not easy to manage: My parents woke up late, my siblings throwing tantrums, misfits on the way here, so in the end instead of leaving at 9.00am, my mom told me they'll be here at 11.00.

Well, I don't mind actually. These few extra hours is a good time for me to sit back, relax, and do some blogging. :)

Yeah, as usual, my blog had not been updated for quite some weeks. Tests were history, results were out (I'm satisfied with my marks), it's holiday now and everyone is in the holiday mood.

UTP is a total desert now. Almost 80% of the residents had gone home (I'm gonna be one of the 80% soon ^_^). The uneasy sense of silence and the stagnant atmosphere here was unbearable, even the effect was felt since last night.

My typical night routine involves visiting yiherng and steward's and tamil's room at the left corner, lim's and jonathan's room at the right corner, then if have time I'll go down one floor, play daidee in michael and graham's room, then take a peek in lawrence and eric's room.

Last night, I found it quite unsettling to see all the locked doors and dark corridors. The usual lively atmosphere in V1C block during the weekends was replaced by stark emptiness and silence. I can't imagine spending my days in UTP like this. I'll either die from boredom or went nuts.

Anyway, this morning, more friends are leaving. I felt a little sad to leave everyone, but of course at the same time I can't wait to see my family again. This one week holiday is not for me to have fun only, I have a long list of things planned.

So that's about it. Time flies when you are blogging. To all my dear friends, HAPPY HOLIDAY! For those who are journeying back home, I wish you all a safe trip. To all my Malay friends, "SELAMAT HARI RAYA!"

No comments: