Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Sloth is a sin

Laziness- Let’s not deny it, we love to slack off once in a while when life gets tough on us. But during examination week? Bad timing! There won’t be any happy ending for me this week if I my slothfulness get the better hold on me.

Life had been hectic for me this week. I’m having two tests this week on Friday, Physics and Engineering Maths. Luckily I had start revising my Physics last weekend, but I had not done any practice exercises for e-math! Plus, there’s still one more chapter to go in Physics. Time is running out. But I’m stuck with another dilemma- Addiction to DOTA.

I had spent my previous two nights playing DOTA. This game is simply TOO addictive once someone got hooked by it. My two nights are simply wasted without doing anything productive. Time just simply flies when you playing DOTA. But it’s not surprising, one game usually consumes up to 45 minutes. Imagine if you were to play more than 2 games per night, you can kiss your night goodbye and welcome a new day.

Sure, more than a few times I had tried to limit myself by saying: “Just one game! It won’t be any harm.” But once you entered the world of DOTA, there’s no turning back. The satisfaction of winning makes you feel pumped up for another match, while the anguish of losing provokes you for a rematch. In addition, it’s a miracle how alert and energised you will feel while in the game. Adrenaline rushed into you, whether when it’s hunting down your opponent for a kill or the other way round. Unfortunately, it’s totally the opposite when you finished. Your remaining energy forsakes you immediately, leaving you drained and exhausted while your eyes blinked painfully from staring at the monitor screen for too long. Needless to say, I won’t have any ‘mood’ to study after that. I just wish to jump into the comfort of your bed and fall asleep. To make matter worse, I had been coming down with a bad flu. Hence my free afternoon is used up for nap time, while I finished the rest of the night DOTA-ing. Two days gone just like that. Not to mention there’s assignment piling up for me to rush.

That’s all from me. Just want to pour out everything in this post because I felt so disappointed with myself right now, including my lack of self-discipline and poor time management. Why do I still do something that I know I’ll regret? One game is one game, it’s just as simple as that but I still keep on playing. I had wasted half of my week, but it’s not too late to repair the damage and make good use of the remaining days. Wish me luck for my test. Until then, I must learn to say and abide by this phrase: “SAY NO TO DOTA!”

1 comment:

Catherine Tan said...

limit ur time in playing DOTA!!!
concentrate on ur exam now!!!
don't be lazy o~~~
pray for ur exam~~~