Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A short update

I'm back from training. It was as tiring as I thought. Fruitful? Well, I can't put a gauge on that word here. Things have taken an unexpected twist. It's each to their own perspective on how 'fruitful' the training turns out. Anyhow, I'm glad there is a two days reprieve for us to take a break.

Despite a few bumpy moments, things seem to have been better for now. From this week onward, we will be rehearsing in Chancellor's Hall, which is a totally different environment compared to our snug and cosy CO room. The sudden huge span of space renders our orchestra seemingly hollow and scattered, and this applies to the sound as well. Yet, space will be the main issue that we need to grapple with when the other schools' students are here. I will be waiting to see how the scenario of everyone cramped on stage looks like.

Plus, since there is a no stage crews or logistics, we, the performing members have to do the laborous work of moving the chairs and score stands up the stage before the performance, and down again after the performace. Each must (or should I say 'ideally') be done within 1 minute with minimal noise. Everything must make sense in this world, doesn't it?

Though the remaining few days of my semester break will be mostly occupied with rehearsals and practise, I will like to find a day to go down to Ipoh to catch the latest movie- 'Inception'. There's a lot of good reviews on this sci-fi movie, so I'm looking forward to it. Anyone fancy an Ipoh outing this weekend?

No comments: