Wednesday, July 04, 2012

At this point of time

There has been such a huge gap since my mediocre update from Graz. Where am I and what am I doing now? What have I been through? 


Well, 7 months of internship in Graz, Austria has been the best 7 months of my life. To be independent, to be in charge of your own life, and of course the culture, the weather, the people, the food: to have the chance to experience them is indeed a privilege I never dream of. It is as if I was being transported to another reality of fantasy. I really missed my life there. 


Back from internship, I am currently facing my Final year 1st Semester in May. Study life seems tougher after internship for most of us, perhaps due to the allure of working life that we briefly experienced  in that window  of 7 months. I myself have enough of exams and lectures, but who knows? I have yet to face the real working environment. It should be even tougher. Even so, the current semester is already tough on me, and certain time I feel the weight of responsibility on my shoulders threatening to break me. But toughen up and face it I shall, because if I can't handle this, how am I going to handle the meaner ones in the future?

I guess studying or working life, both are challenging aspects of a student life. So, it is important to have plenty of fun. This semester has its equal share of ups too. Some pictures to share here: 



White water rafting with friends whom mostly have been interns in Austria 

Craving for durians after the rafting
Cameron trip with the Chindians Jan08


          Laser tag battle with my coursemates. Oh the fun! 

The bowling team for Chemical Engineering Department. We won the champion title!! 

These are the good times, and I'm sure more will be coming. Whenever I feel the stress biting into me, I just need to think of all the good times you have had, and remind myself bad and stressful times are just part and parcel of life. Eventually the rain clouds will clear and the sunshine and rainbow will appear. 

Happy mid-sem break to all UTP students! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what? Onii-chan, you've just described what I'm dreaming of:)

[To be independent, to be in charge of your own life, and of course the culture, the weather, the people, the food: to have the chance to experience them is indeed a privilege I never dream of. It is as if I was being transported to another reality of fantasy.]

I really hope the same scene plays out for me in Australia.