Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Balancing

Approaching my second week of lecture, things are not as hectic as I expect them to be. Labs and tutorials will start at third week, a few classes are postponed due to absence of lectures, so this week is gonna be a breeze for me. :)

Last semester had been quite hectic so this semester I’ve been trying to achieve a balance in my academic life before I’m caught in another vortex. In other words, time management.

Having only 15 credit hours this semester, apart from lectures, tutorials, and labs, I presume I’ll be having plenty of free time at hand.

OCM Convofair Performance and this year’s BookFair will occupy some of my time, only temporarily though, so I feel the need to sign up for something extra to do.

Stumbling upon that chance today in Pocket D, where Minggu Mesra Kampus has started this week with plenty of clubs to join, I signed up for the Rotaract Club and International Cultural Club. There’s going to be an I-Cheme Recruitment Drive tomorrow too so I’m going for a shot at it.

Studies, sports, co-curriculum, events, and clubs are few of the things on my balancing scale. Of course, there’s need for fun with friends and time for myself as well. It feels good to know you are in charge of your own life. Planning what to do and what need to be done for the day ahead always help.

If things do get hectic, it’s a sign that there’s a need to trim and cut down part of my schedule somewhere. For instance, the Dota temptation is coming back, and I need to exercise some self-control and cut down on it before I get addicted like last semester!

No comments: