Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Finally Home!!

Most of my UTPians pals who were already home long ago will probably snigger at this post. But after being stuck in UTP and my holiday delayed for one week, words can't describe the feeling when I finally reached home safe and sound. Cheers!

The last stage of leaving UTP was a mess. I overlooked Block O will be closed at 5pm. It definitely looked like it was closed when I reached there to return my key. Thinking it would be the best solution, I slipped my room key and sign-out forms through the gap under the door, hoping that the officer will see them the next morning. But to my surprise, the door suddenly swung open and the officer was there, giving me a strange look wondering what was I doing. I quickly stood up and said, "Oh, still open?" while he nonchalantly picked up the forms from the ground and went to verify them. That moment was really awkward and embarassing.

I must look like a complete fool kneeling down near the door doing something like that. Luckily doors are invented to be open inward, not outward which will result in the door hitting me right on the face. Who would have thought that there is still someone working inside when the door was locked and the lights are off? If this were to happen at night, I will definitely ran away with terror.

Despite all that, I guess I should be thankful that at least there is still someone there so I can have a peace of mind knowing that my key was safely returned. That was a funny, embarassing, yet creepy experience. But most importantly, lesson learnt! Never ever do things last-minutely!

That's all for now. Finally, Happy holiday to my self! Gotta cherish the time together with my family, all the good food, and comforts of home. Home sweet home! (^_^)

No comments: