Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Holiday Diary 2-A short post from Kuching

Dear Diary,

My family and I arrived in Kuching this Sunday.

We are just in time to celebrate my grandma's 76th birthday with the rest of the relatives in a restaurant. The food was great, same goes to the giant sized chocolate cake.

The next day we went to have lunch in 'After 4' cafe which is newly open recently. I had my first taste of Kuching kolo mee after such a long time. But somehow the kolo mee there just doesn't feel right so perhaps this is not the type of kolo mee my taste buds are yearning for. Nevertheless, there are many variety of food there and most of them is priced reasonably.

My family drop me of in The Spring where I window-shopped for a while before meeting with Graham. I had another lunch with him in another cafe and the kolo mee there taste a lot better than the former. Unfortunately I'm too full from the previous meal so I can't finish it. It is the first time I waste so much food. The bowl was still two-third full! I never expect such a big bowl of kolo mee at only RM4 with such generous amount of meatballs so it's very worth it. Well at least I did finish up all the meatballs and wantan.

After lunch Graham brought me to a few shopping malls around Kuching. It was a Monday afternoon and most of the places are quite empty and deserted. At night I had dinner with Graham and his mom in Heritage restaurant. The food and service are great. The place was very much sought after seeing that most of the tables have already been reserved. After dinner Graham brought me for a tour around Kuching to see the city's beauty lit by the night lights. I'm still not that used to Kuching's roads and most of the places so this tour was quite an eye-opener (provided I don't forget them :P).

Later on during the night I met some of Graham's friends and we went for Dota in a cyber cafe. Unfortunately we didn't even get to finish one round before the system crash due to an error in the game itself. Yes, of all the games Dota is the only one hit by the problem and it has to happen on the night I came here. We played COD4 instead and although I hate games that involve hunting down and killing people, surprisingly I found COD4 quite an exception and it was quite fun contrary to what I expected. After gaming we went for a game of pool and despite my continous losing spree, I'm pretty sure my skills have improved slightly (pardon my self consolation here). After the game we called it a night and I reached home around midnight.

That's all for now. Happy Winter Solstice!

2 comments:

EMC said...

you really love milk do you..

WK Chua said...

Lol I will get it right after a few times. FYI I do love milk. :P