Monday, August 02, 2010

The start of something new

It is WAYYYY past my bedtime, and I have an early morning to wake up to. But no matter what, I simply MUST update this blog before dust starts to settle again. Not to mention, I will have a one week 'blackout' period from UTP, and most likely will be away from any sources of internet connection for the whole week.

While a typical UTP student will attend their usual classes tomorrow, UTPCO performers will be embarking on their journey to Kuala Lumpur, and to the famed Dewan Filharmonik Petronas. We will have a few days of rehearsals, followed by 3 days of the most-awaited moment: our performance. All the months of sweat and blood, time and energy (and a considerable amount of money spent), will be translated into these 3 days.

Besides the excitement of going to DFP, UTP have its own excitement to look forward to following the MMK (Minggu Mesra Kampus), which is an event where a galore of clubs and societies, stationed within their respective booths in Pocket D, will seek out juniors and new members to enrol in their clubs. It is indeed a rare sight to see so many clubs and society gathered at one place. The atmosphere will be lively, with competitive booths outdoing each other with all sorts of fancy decorations, games and prizes, as well as attractive benefits to persuade new members to join their clubs. Unfortunately, for this sem I'm going to miss the MMK due to DFP, which is a shame because it is something I'm looking forward to). On the other hand, an oppurtunity to DFP comes only once in a blue moon, so I'm more than grateful to be a part of it.

With these two 'big things' on my schedule (and slightly overlapping), I feel that I have already reached the climax of my semester, despite only 2 weeks into the new semester. After this, things should return to normal for me, because I will be laying low and cutting down on events and clubs commitments but instead will focus on my academics. Nevertheless, things are easier said than done. I will be expecting the unexpected to happen.

That should wrap up most part on the beginning of my 2nd year 2nd sem. Most classes are still skipping lightly on the surface, while timetable is still in turmoil with a few kinks to iron out.

On a side note: I had made a new ATM card, I had watched Inception, I had went for an Ipoh outing with my friends. So basically, all my things-to-do list before going to DFP have been successfully fulfilled. Let's hope things will continue to be as smooth, or smoother than this as the semester goes on.

No comments: