Thursday, January 01, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 2009

Before it's too late and 1st January 2009 past by, I wanna wish everyone, my family, friends, and teachers HAPPY NEW YEAR!! May the year 09 be a prosperous year for all of us, be it in education, health, money, relationship, and life.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all my family and friends who wishes me good luck in this year. Indeed, I need all the luck I can to handle another tough year ahead in my studies. May God bless you all. :)

It was my first time experience going to KL to countdown with the massive crowd and to witness the fireworks. It had been a fun and enjoyable experience. Also together with me is some of my UTP batchmates. I'll be blogging about it with more details and upload some photos. Until then...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Finally had the time to update this post. Here's some pictures:









The countdown group consists of me, Eric, Malaya, Michael, Lim, Liang Yi and Xiao Ci. It was boring waiting for the clock to strike midnight. Time seemed to pass excruciatingly slow so we walked around the area outside KLCC and took a few pictures.

Cars were barred from using the roads that night and the street was jammed full of people and stalls selling all kinds of food and trinkets. We saw some people dressing up in funny and bizzare costumes to liven up the atmosphere. There's quite a number of policemen on patrol that night to keep things in order. But what I found unneccessary was the policemen trying to keep the crowd as close as possible in one tight group. We were not allowed to wandered too far and people sitting on the benches at the nearby park were shooed off too!

Then, finally, at last the moment we were all waiting for... IT'S 12 midnight!! Happy New Year!!
Everyone started shouting cheering, wolf-calling etc..

The first burst of firework got the crowd even wilder. But WTH? We can't see the fireworks!! We're at the wrong side of the building! There's only some jagged reflection of the fireworks on a bulding like a movie projected on a disfigured screen. Haiz.. no choice but to run a half-circle around the building before we finally get a clear view of the firework. Luckily I still manage to get some video although I missed half the show. It was a truly amazing experience though. To get the see the firework so close-up and feel the thunderous 'boom' sending vibrations through your body. It's definitely different from watching on TV.

But after the show things get rough. Everyone was rushing to get home and the already crowded street were crowded to the max! We were packed like sardin (yes,I mean literally) while trying to battle our way through the crowd. A fight even broke out. The policemen were 'conveniently' nowhere to be seen when we need them. But despite the hectic turn of event, I'm glad we still manage to go back home safe and sound. It was a truly wonderful experience. Happy New Year!







No comments: