Saturday, January 24, 2009

1ST Year 1st Sem--and Happy Chinese New Year!!

A new semester had started!! Yes, soon everything will return to 'normal'-by normal I mean a hectic lifestyle full of lectures, assignments, tests and quizzes to fret about.

Had I mentioned this before? Almost all of my lectures will be conducted in Pocket D, and yet we the guys are still stuck in living in the same old V1C. Imagine waking up early every morning and walking that far to lecture. Of course I grumble a bit about it initially, but I'll soon get used to it. On the plus side, it'll keep me healthy having some morning exercise everyday.

I had met some of my new lecturers-some seems promising and some not. The point is, I still had to study hard, harder and smarter perhaps, to maintain my results.

Anyway, this ain't Foundation anymore and as a Chemical Engineering Undergraduate student, this semester I'll be taking the following courses:

Physical Chemistry
Organic Chemistry
Differential Equations
Academic Writing
Introduction to Oil and Gas Industry

In addition, I'm also adding another 2 courses:

Moral Studies
Modern Music

amounting to a total of 17 credit hours if I'm not mistaken, so my timetable is quite packed. Packed with a lot of gaps in between, so I had lectures on most mornings and afternoons, that means no more afternoon naps. Anyhow I'm glad there's not much night classes.

This semester I had been actively involved in a few events such as OCM and EDX recruitment. Other informal event that I'm looking forward is our Chindian Graduation Dinner night.

All these are gonna keep me busy and the crux is I need good time management skills to keep everything in order.

Here's some cam-whorring session:
Steward so excited about his new room


First lecture in pocket D-kinda feel cramped (not enough leg space)


Steward and Yi Herng

Sze Mei, Laura, and Serena

Malaya Crazyman (tat's wat his gtalk says) :p

"Should we add one more subject?" The typical first week 'add and drop' hustle

UTP OCM Recruitment Drive. It was a huge success. Looking forward to getting to know all the juniors soon.

Don't forget our Chindian Graduation Night Dinner. Having a serious meeting with all the commitee members here in V5...



V1C ON FIRE!! False alarm. Just the regular fogging session they do once in a while. But this time they exaggerated a bit, spraying every corner and every room thoroughly. First time seeing this, and I hope those pesky mosquitoes are GONE for good!!



Graham's Black Angel Fish (Graham is a person's name, not the fish name) :p

Seen this cat since last sem, it sure have grown up fast!




I'll be celebrating me new year in Kuching and leaving for my flight soon. To everyone out there, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
GONG XI FA CAI!!

May the Year of Ox be full of prosperity and good fortune.

2 comments:

Yicks said...

Damn Jenny's gotten thin. Real thin.

Steward Baba said...

WTF... my face. lol.