Sunday, January 11, 2009

A series of event

The new year had just started. Updating my blog before I get really busy when lecture starts this new sem. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.

1-4 Jan




Lim and Michael stayed at a few days at my house. Really glad to have spent my time with them, otherwise my remaining holidays will be so mundane and typical. We went to a few places, with me driving to a few of these places. But I must admit I'm a bad driver- (getting lost on the first night, plus my heart-stopping driving skills).

We went to a few malls in KL. All the malls look the same to me. Nothing much to do. Just walk and walk and forever walking. Spent most of our nights at the cybercafe playing garena.



5-8 Jan





It's the end of a long holiday for me and time to head back to UTP. I arrived in UTP at 5 Jan. Had a hard time moving all my stuff into my new room and used up the afternoon to unpack everything, inluding claning the room. At night, there's a short orchestra briefing. The days after that we went through the same routine of orchestra practise, one section in the morning and the other in the afternoon. The rest of the day I'm mostly free. Bored..



9-10 jan

After being stuck with the same routine for the past few days, we decided to skip practise and escape to KL. Just kidding... It just so happened we had no practise on Friday so we planned a trip to KL. We met a few more of our UTP friends who had just completed their STE programme and they decided to spend a day in KL. We checked in at Sun Inn, just a stone throw from Sunway Pyramid. The whole gang hanged out at Sunway Pyramid that night. Next day, we spent the whole day shopping around KL. I've never walked so much or took so much LRT in my life! We went to KLCC and Times Square. Love the decorations they put up.

Dinner at Carl's Jr. First time experience. Everything is so jumbo size! Worth every cent. Love the burgers there. :)


Ice-skating ring in Sunway


Posing with a cute mascot outside a restaurant (despite the fact we didn't dine there)..


Shopping..


Group picture with a dazzling bright red background



Taken in KLCC if not mistaken. Nice and classy decorations.


We spent 2 bucks to get into this washroom with all sorts of cosmetics. I never knew men need that much make-up..


Tamil posing with a four-wheel drive on display



Having steamboat in Shabu restaurant.


Times Square packed with people


Trio: Flute, Yang Qing and Er Hu performing

The cherry blossoms really add a great touch to the New Year festive environment.


11Jan until now..

Tired and exhausted after the KL trip. KL is such a crowded and hectic place. It makes me appreciate that Puchong is not located at the city center. Spent a whole day resting and recovering. After the weekend it's back to the usual practise routine. More friends are coming back soon. Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm can't wait for the new sem to start. May everything goes on smoothly this coming sem. That's all for now. Need to hit the sack. Gudnite..

No comments: