Monday, June 22, 2009

After one year of blogging..

Out of boredom, I had labelled all my blog posts, which was probably a good thing before I’d too many posts to handle.

I planned to sort them into three categories:

Contents: Family, Friends, University, Myself, Pets, Random

Mood: Jovial, Grumpy, Emotional, and so on…

Style: Narrative, Opinions, Self-reflection, Special

All seems fine until I realised that I cannot sort them into categories on my list of labels. So now my list of labels is a messy jumble of random words =.=  

Nevertheless, looking back, what a coincidence that my VERY FIRST post is on last year’s Father’s Days, which mean my blog is officially one year old!

It’s interesting to read back my old posts and realised that I’d somehow changed. I’m not sure how to explain (perhaps it’s the way I write, or maybe the tone) but I knew that the time, experiences, and surroundings that I’d gone through had slowly changed me, which I hope is toward making me a better person.

I’d had been constantly changing my blog layouts too, especially the header and background colour. From dark and murky to light and blue, in the end I had decided to revert to my dark background colour which I think make the words stand out more hence easier to read.

Happy Birthday to my blog! I think the most rewarding thing a blog can give back to its owner is letting him/her relearn some lessons of life he or she had written down but forgotten. To bloggers out there, do take some time to read your own old and long-forgotten posts. Who knows you might discover something new and surprising?

What’s a nice birthday present to give to a blog? Am I nuts? I’m treating my blog like a real person.

Anyway, for a start, I do need to change my header, AGAIN. The oversized yellow radioactive warning sign does not look welcoming at all. Since I’m getting a hang on Photoshop (and still learning), I should try making my own header instead of ‘stealing’ pictures from the internet. It’s time to head back to my Photoshop workshop. :) 

I guess that’s all for now. Goodnight.   

No comments: