Thursday, May 21, 2009

The End of 1st year 1st semester

Here I am, bored in my room, things neatly packed and merely waiting for time to pass by. Dad will arrive soon.

By the time I’m writing this, final exam was long over. Physical Chemistry was my last paper. It was such a relief, with the euphoria of freedom overtaking me when the paper finally ended. Good or bad, I know I’d done my best, and I don’t want to think of any of those papers anymore.

Yesterday I went Ipoh again, just shortly a one week gap after the previous outing. I’m getting kinda tired of that place. This time, the gang consists of Graham, Michael, Yi Herng, Laura, Liang Yi, and me.

Thankfully this time we had a car and a decent driver (thanks Graham!) We reached Jusco by afternoon and had lunch at Sushi King again!

Just kidding. Will seriously puke if I ate at Sushi King three times in a row. Anyway, there’s no Sushi King in Jusco. We had our lunch in Pizza Hut. I still think Batu Gajah’s Pizza Hut is way better than Jusco’s, in terms of both food and service.

After that, the girls do what girls like to do the most- shopping. 

The guys do what they like to do the most- Dota

Shockingly, the only cyber cafe in Jusco don’t have Dota installed on their PCs. I was utterly appalled and surprised by this. A cyber-cafe that don’t have the most famous game played by millions installed?!  Such absurdity! Don’t they know how much revenue  they are losing? Don’t they know appealing to customers’ demand is the top priority for successful business? At least they should do their homework and stay in trend with the latest popular online games that players are craving and addicted to. Yet, they seem so carefree and ignorant.

In the end, we ended up bowling. Jusco bowling totally sucks!! Countless of times the machine jammed and it was annoying and wasting our time. Halfway through the second game, the system screwed up and we can’t continue with the game because the score was inaccurate.

In the end, we finished the remaining game disregarding the score and players’ turn. It turned out to be quite fun. There’s no rule to follow anymore, which mean we can simply send the bowling balls straight down the lanes, be it two or three balls at once! The only good outcome of this while thing? Graham lost! He had to treat EACH OF US popcorns! Thanks Graham again!

After that, it was movie time! But…I had to watch ‘Angels and Demon again following the consensus of the majority who hadn’t watch it.  Watching it a second time was not that good. This kind of movie can only be watched once. There’s no more element of suspense or exciting moments if you watch it again. But at least I understand the storyline better. The movie was dense with historical facts and unusual names that it might be difficult to understand it at first.

For dinner, we went to the nearby outdoor stalls in Bercham. The wan tan mee is delicious! After dinner, we sent Yi Herng home. First time seeing his house. But if you ask me now where is it I really don’t have  a clue because it’s too complicated, plus I’m not good with directions in the first place. I slept on the way back to UTP. Never realised I was so tired.

So that’s how I spent my last night in UTP. I must say it was a night well spent together. Sorry if it looked like I’m complaining a lot throughout this post. But I sincerely appreciated the time we spent together. That was what matters the most, not the lousy facilities in Jusco.

This semester had been a challenging one for me, not only academically. But most importantly is that I learnt something from it and start afresh in the coming semester. For those who was still in the midst of exams, good luck! It will be all over sooner than you expected. Until then, Happy Holiday!!    

7 comments:

Yicks said...

Find me in Garena during ur holidays lol. Have fun.

Yicks said...

Find me in Garena during ur holidays lol. Have fun.

Yicks said...

Find me in Garena during ur holidays lol. Have fun.

Yicks said...

Find me in Garena during ur holidays lol. Have fun.

Yicks said...

Find me in Garena during ur holidays lol. Have fun.

WK Chua said...

Haha. Sure. Need to brush up on my dota skills. :)

... said...

find me too