Friday, May 08, 2009

Sunset

DSC01010 

DSC01009

DSC01013

DSC01014

DSC01015

They say (in modelling shows I watched) sunrise is the best time for pictures. But I found out pictures taken during sunset are no less picturesque and amazing.

Anyway, these pictures are taken at the sport field while on the way back from jogging with Eric.

Decided not to coop myself up in the IRC the whole day so I studied in my room yesterday. IRC is freaking cold and the excessive air-conditioning makes your skin feel dry and sticky.

Unfortunately, the weather was hot and the heat was scorching, so staying in my room was not much better. It’s the same everywhere, it’s either too hot in your dorm or too cold in IRC (not good for someone with a cold). 

But I still prefer studying in my room. I realised that I can absorb more despite what I mentioned before about the downside of studying in my own room. I dunno why, maybe I’m used to studying in my room already.

Yes, there’s the occasional calling for a few games of dota which I gladly submit myself to after a few long hours of staring at the books.

It’s a well-deserved break. After the dota game, my mind sprung back to full concentration and I can continue study with a fresh mind. The mind can’t keep doing the same thing. You can’t trap yourself in IRC studying every hours till night then only you take a break. It’s better to alternate between these two. Perhaps study an hour first, then take a break doing something you enjoy (for example dota), then continue another hour.

Nevertheless, it’s not good sitting in your room the whole day. That’s where sports come in. Go outside, breathe some fresh air, stretch those tensed-up muscles, run around, play your favourite sports with your buddies.    :D

Today the weather looks fine and a bit cloudy. That’s a good sign. Hopefully, it won’t be that hot again this afternoon. That’s all for now, gotta keep going…    

No comments: