Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Updates on Ipoh trip

Suppose to post this last week but I’ve been so busy with Oil and Gas Test to study plus the Energy Game group assignment (thanks again to everyone who help me search for my team members) that it completely slipped my mind.

Anyway, we (Kerry, Steward, Yi Herng, Hon and me) went to Ipoh last Saturday. Besides having fun, we have other objectives in mind: have a haircut, stock up study week food supplies, and do a post-birthday celebration for Steward that turned 18 last month).

Arrived in Ipoh at noon starving. First thing to do: have lunch.

Tired and bored of Kenny Rogers (we went there for lunch almost every single time in Ipoh), so we decided to try Sushi King.

I really enjoyed my lunch there. I had salmon steak, cost me a freaking rm2o bucks, not counting all the side dishes that we took from the conveyor belt. In the end, I spent almost rm40 on lunch! It’s expensive but it’s worth it once a while. They even promote ‘Yakult’, a supplementary drink with healthy bacteria that are supposed to aid in our digestion of food. But overall I think all the food there is healthy and hygienic, not to mention tasty, just that you need to prepare to fork out extra money!

DSC00976      Salmon steak (with mostly the vegetables eaten, I always save the best for last!)

After lunch, time to enjoy ourselves. Bowling time! Ipoh Parade has the best bowling facilities, at least when compared to Jusco. My first game sucks, completely lost touch in bowling after these months. Anyway, we met Fazlee who happened to be in Ipoh Parade too and he joined us in the game. My second game is better. I just realised that number 9 is my number in bowling. I wore size 9 shoes, used weight 9 bowling ball, and scored 9 consistently for the first few rounds ;)  

DSC00981

First game. Score the lowest :(

DSC00984Second game. At least much better ^_^

DSC00980 Candid picture taken when no one is watching, except for Yi Herng. Lol..

After bowling we went for our haircut (Yi Herng, Hon, and me). The barber was quite detailed and particulate in cutting my hair. Occasionally heard the scissors cutting against the teeth of the comb and I wondered how many milimeters of hair he cut.   Spent more than half an hour there but in the end got a nice haircut that I’m satisfied with. Sorry no after-haircut pictures taken.

Then we went for movie and watched ‘X-Men Origin’. The movie was cool in terms of actions and storyline. I really love those dramas with superpower abilities and cool special effects. ‘Heroes’ is one of my favourite series. I found that X-men mutants and Heroes are similar in some ways but X-men mutants are freakier. At least X-men mutants are comfortable and used to their powers, while in ‘Heroes’ normal people are suddenly gifted with powers that they are still adapting to. Sorry for straying away from the main topic..

Last but not least, just did a quick round of shopping in the supermarket. After that, everyone ‘ta-pau’ something home. KFC for me as dinner, burger for Kerry, while Steward had a box of ‘Big Apples’ donuts and SR cake. :) Good time eventually comes to an end. Back to study mode!!  

No comments: