Sunday, December 07, 2008

W910

It was nice Saturday morning..

I was abruptly woken up by my mom who explained they are going to KL. Not just going to KL, they are going to buy me a new phone!!!

WTH?!! I was so taken back. My drowsiness was gone in an instant, I get myself ready and we set off to KL city.

Ok la, actually my parents have official matters to settle first.

So we stopped by KL Central and my parents went to the MAS office to settle something about our plane tickets. It was a crowded morning so we had a very long wait.

While waiting, I just walked around KL Central. There’s a lot of interesting things to see. But everything is damn expensive!!

After walking for some time, I felt myself on the brink of exhaustion. My whole body was so tired I really need to sit down and rest.

Haiz…. Blame myself for sleeping so late last night. I thought I can have my sweet time sleeping till noon. Never expected myself to go out so early this morning. Being deprived of sleep is totally not a good feeling. I had several that kind of experiences during my exam week. That nightmarish week… I spent my whole night cramming all those formulas and theories into my brain just to regurgitate at most 1% of it during the test.

Anyway, I arrived at the perfect spot : Coffee Bean. The warm cosy armchairs are so inviting, and I can’t wait to savour the mouth-watering thick chocolate coffee topped with cream.

Then I realised I’m out of money… But two shops across there’s the ATMs. How the heck they get everything so strategically located?! I planned not to spent any money this holiday. But just can’t resist my own temptation.

So in the end I burnt a huge 13 bucks hole through my pockets. But it is worthwhile to indulge in this kind of luxury once in a while… :)


After a while my parents were finally done. (if not I’m gonna fell asleep in Coffee Bean!)

We took the monorail from KL Central to Imbi to avoid the traffic jam. Then we head straight to Low Yatt plaza.

Low Yatt is the best place to look for electronic stuff and gadgets. We went to the second floor that sells everything related to mobile phones. Spent a long time surveying the whole floor, but in the end returning to the same spot. XD

Finally, we went to this friendly Chinese salesman’s booth. I told him the intended spectrum of my new phone, which basically just need to meet these 3 criteria:

1) Able to carry out all the basic functions of a phone (of course la!)

2) Able to function as a walkman, listen to MP3 (most important!)

3) Able to function as a camera


So salesman introduced me to a wide range of Nokia and Sony Ericsson’s phone. Most of the phones use sliding mechanism and keypads. I prefer touch pad or touch screen but that will bring the price way up high.

Besides that all the other phones look great. I was still indecisive so the salesman elaborated more. Nokia phones are better in quality and can withstand impact. Suitable for rough users. On the other hand, Sony Ericsson stands out in audio and graphic quality but is more fragile and delicate. Hard for me to believe at first, so the salesman help compared the phones.

I took some sample pictures using both phones, and surprisingly the image produced by a 2.0 megapixels Sony Ericsson phone is much clearer and brighter than the 3.2 megapixels Nokia phone!

Nevertheless, I feel that both phones’ sound quality are more or less the same. But in the end I choose the Sony Ericsson phone. The phone is really “walkman-friendly” and made for those who’ll be listening to the music all the time. Plus, it has a wider screen for viewing photos and videos.

After bargaining the price is 780 bucks which satisfactorily fit the budget. So that’s how I got my new phone.

Can’t stop thanking my parents. Have to thank my aunt too for giving me some insights before I bought my phone.

Before this I had been mentioning before I need a new phone. Nothing’s wrong with my old phone. Just that I need a MP3 player and a camera. So the best way is to buy a phone with all the functions.

Then my parents say in return they only want me to work hard in my studies. Sounds so typical of what parents would say. But their words cut through me precisely like a knife. Haiz.. I feel so guilty because I slacked off a lot this semester. My results won’t be as promising as last semester so I know I might disappoint them.

Nevertheless, it’s not too late la. Next year is a totally new chance to start all over again. I promised I’ll strive to do all the best I can.

That’s all for now. Still trying to get used to the new keypad. My messaging speed slow like hell! Plus need to transfer a lot of songs to my new phone. A lot of new applications need to learn how to use also. It’s gonna kept me occupied for the rest of the day...





No comments: